Description of Omron Full Body Sensor Body Composition Monitor and Scale, 7 Fitness Indicators
Omron Full Body Sensor Body Composition Monitor and Scale
The Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Composition Monitor and Scale is a breakthrough device to measure your body composition at home. It measures 7 fitness indicators including body fat percent, BMI, visceral fat level, resting metabolism, weight and more! The innovative Full Body Sensor is the only at-home body composition monitor that accurately measures your entire body. It uses 6 advanced sensors - 2 for your hands and 4 for your feet. Clinically proven to be as accurate as expensive medical devices professionals use. It stores personalized information for up to four people plus guest mode.
Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Composition Monitor and Scale Features:
- Uses 6 advanced sensors - 2 for your hands and 4 for your feet - and is the only monitor that uses 2 additional sensors on the handheld device to accurately read your whole body.
- Large display on handheld device.
- Clinically proven to be as accurate as the medical devices professionals use to measure body composition.
- In seconds, the Full Body Sensor calculates and displays YOUR personalized 7 Fitness Indicators:
- Body fat percent
- BMI (body mass index)
- Visceral fat level - the fat that surrounds your organs and may be linked with high cholesterol, type II diabetes and heart disease
- Skeletal muscle percent
- Resting metabolism
- Body age
- Body weight
- 90-day memory stores readings on all Fitness Indicators for 4 users.
- Can be used just as a weight scale.
Why should I use a Body Composition Monitor?
Maintaining a fit and healthy body is more than just about weight. Here are the benefits for tracking your total body composition with an Omron Full Body Sensor.
- Body fat percent: While having too much fat may be unhealthy, having too little can be just as unhealthy. Tracking your body fat percent lets you know you're losing the "right" weight.
- Visceral fat level: Visceral fat is found in the abdomen surrounding your vital organs. Since it's not visible to the eye, it can go undetected. Excess of visceral fat may lead to high cholesterol, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
- Skeletal muscle percent: The more skeletal muscle you have, the more calories your body will burn. Why? Because muscle burns 22% of all calories - more than anything else. So, while dieting and exercise is important, maintaining or building skeletal muscle is important to prevent rebound weight gain and maintaining strength.
- Resting metabolism: Regardless of activity level, a minimum level of caloric intake is required to sustain your body's everyday functions. Knowing your resting metabolism will help you properly plan your diet according to your weight loss or maintenance needs.
- Body age: A great yardstick of overall body condition, this number translates the fitness indictors into a measure of your body's physical age. If this number is less than your actual age, you're doing great!
- Body weight: Still an important standard of fitness, especially in combination with other fitness indicators.
- Body Mass Index (BMI): BMI is a number calculated from your weight and height. Although it does not measure fat directly (like body fat percent)), it can be used as a screening tool to identify possible health concerns.
Bioelectrical Impedance Method -
Accurate Technology in Your Home
This monitor uses bioelectric impedance to measure your body fat versus lean body weight. Bioelectric Impedance (BI) is considered one of the most accurate and accessible methods of screening body fat and other body composition measurements in the privacy of your own home. Within seconds, BI sends an extremely weak signal to measure the inside of your body. Muscle, blood, bone and body tissue have high water content, which means they conduct the BI signal easily. Body fat, however, stores no water, so the BI signal is blocked or impeded from easily traveling throughout the body. The blocked signal (or high impedance) indicates the presence of more body fat.
- Weight: 0 to 330 lbs with 0.2 lb increments
- Body fat percentage: 5.0 to 60.0% with 0.1% increments
- Skeletal muscle percentage: 5.0 to 60.0% with 0.1% increments
- BMI: 7.0 to 90.0 with 0.1 increments
- Resting metabolism: 385 to 3999 kcal with 1 kcal increments
- Body age: 18 to 80 years old with 1 year increments
- Visceral fat level: 30 levels with 1 level increments
- Body fat percentage and skeletal muscle percentage classification: - (Low) / 0 (Normal) / + (High) / ++ (Very High) with 12 levels of bar display
- BMI classification: - (Underweight) / 0 (Normal) / + (Overweight) / ++ (Obese) with 12 levels of bar display
- Visceral fat classification: 0 (Normal) / + (High) / ++ (Very High)
- The age range for the body fat percentage classification is 20 to 79 years old. The age range for the skeletal muscle percentage, resting metabolism, body age, visceral fat level is 18 to 90 year s old.
- Memory: 1 day, 7 days, 30 days, 90 days ago with high / low readings
Power and Dimensions:
The HBF-514C uses (4) AA batteries that last about a year with normal use. The display unit measures 11.75" x 1.5" x 5.75" (L x W x H). The main unit measures 13" x 12" x 2.2" and weighs 4.7 pounds (without batteries).
What's in the Box:
- HBF-514C unit
- 4 AA Batteries
- Instruction Manual
- Measurement log sheet
Warning: This monitor cannot be used with a cardiac pacemaker or other implanted medical devices. Consult with your physician or the manufacturer of the implanted medical device prior to using this monitor.
Pregnant women should not use this device.
Disclaimer: The statements made, or products sold through this website, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Actual results may vary significantly and are dependent on individuals. You should always consult with your physician before starting any health products or any health-related programs.