Description of The First Year: IBS, by Heather Van Vorous, 1 Book, Heather's Tummy Care
The First Year: IBS, by Heather Van Vorous
- Addresses Multiple IBS Symptoms.
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Information.
- All-Inclusive Treatment Options.
- Paperback: 242 pages.
- Excerpts used by physicians and dietitians across the USA.
The First Year: IBS offers a comprehensive and sympathetic approach to managing irritable bowel syndrome (whether you're newly diagnosed or have been struggling for years), by an author who has dealt with the disorder since childhood and prevailed. Whether you suffer from constipation, diarrhea, alternating bowel dysfunction, pain, bloating, gas, or nausea, this essential guide gives you the information you need to take control of your symptoms today.
An easy-to-follow daily/weekly/monthly calendar structure teaches you about the physical pathology behind IBS while giving a multitude of ways to successfully live with it, with a constant focus on symptom prevention.
The research for The First Year: IBS incorporates suggestions, concerns, and personal stories from many Irritable Bowel Syndrome sufferers, and offers:
* in-depth diagnostic and medical information for IBS treatments, drugs, and research.
* extensive suggestions for using supplements and herbs to prevent symptoms.
* innovative and successful IBS stress management techniques.
* suggestions for dealing with friends and family members.
* concise and accurate IBS diet guidelines with sample recipes.
* effective alternative therapies for a spastic colon, including acupuncture.
* detailed information about yoga and hypnotherapy for IBS.
* IBS support group resources.
* traveling and socializing suggestions.
There are also special sections throughout the book just for children with IBS and their parents. These chapters draw extensively from the author's own perspectives, experiences, and memories from childhood, and address the unique concerns that children with IBS often face.
Disclaimer: The statements made, or products sold through this website, have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Actual results may vary significantly and are dependent on individuals. You should always consult with your physician before starting any health products or any health-related programs.